Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Technology Certificate
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge required to assume the role of a qualified, entry-level motorcycle maintenance professional, include pre-delivery inspection (PDI), tires, wheel bearings, brakes, scheduled service, oil changes, moving motorcycles, road testing, shop workflow, multi-point inspections, and state inspections.
- Demonstrate safe and appropriate use and care of tools and equipment in the motorcycle maintenance lab.
- Diagnose, repair and document motorcycle systems including powertrains, electrical systems, wheels, tires, and brakes.
- Inspect a vehicle, use a diagnostic approach to determine cause of operating problems, and decide action to take; complete a NH State Motorcycle Inspection.
- Compare and contrast alternate actions to determine whether to repair or replace a part.
- Use appropriate software and digital equipment to retrieve information, diagnose and analyze problems, and report outcomes.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and customers.
For more information about the outlook and trends for careers in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Technology, please visit: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes493052.htm
Demand for motorcycle technicians in New Hampshire is significant, with an average annual compensation for experienced technicians at $42,000, and top compensation at $60,000 for highly experienced technicians
Still not sure?
Information in printed materials or electronic media for is provided for your general guidance. For more information please refer to our disclaimer statement