Posted July 19, 2021
Great Bay Community College (GBCC) seeks a dynamic, thoughtful and skilled leader who is driven by student success, as its next President. The President will engage with the community and ensure college programs are innovative, meet community needs, and have both educational and economic value.
GBCC is a public, comprehensive community college serving 2,200 students annually at its main campus in Portsmouth on the Pease Tradeport, a former US Air Force base redeveloped as a vibrant industrial hub, and an academic center at a second location 20 miles north in the city of Rochester.
Located in the dynamic business environment of the New Hampshire seacoast, GBCC supports student opportunity in alignment with the economic and workforce needs of the region and State. One of seven institutions that form the Community College System of New Hampshire, GBCC expands intellectual and economic opportunity by providing affordable higher education in an environment that embodies excellence, innovation, and collaboration. Accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education (NECHE), GBCC serves adult and traditional-aged students and provides customized training for businesses in the region.
CCSNH has retained the executive search and consulting firm of RPA Inc. of Williamsport, PA to guide this search.
- The college retains executive search firm RPA Inc. to guide the work of the Search Committee
- The search firm begins to conduct virtual stakeholder meetings
- Presidential Search Committee members receive appointments and charge from CCSNH Chancellor Dr. Susan Huard
- The Search Committee and search firm develop a position prospectus and advertisement
- The search firm and college begin advertising of and networking for the position
- The search firm actively networks and recruits during a six-week period
- The Search Committee begins review of candidates
- The Search Committee selects candidates for virtual Search Committee interviews
- The Search Committee conducts virtual Search Committee interviews
- The Search Committee selects candidates for on-site (if permitted) or virtual constituent interviews
- The Search Committee oversees on-site (if permitted) or virtual constituent interviews
- The Search Committee recommends candidates to CCSNH Chancellor
Hollie Noveletsky, Search Co-Chair – Chief Executive Officer, Novel Iron Works, CCSNH Board of Trustees
Alfred Williams, IV, Search Co-Chair – President, River Valley Community College
Christine Carberry – Carberry Consulting; GBCC Advisory Board
Dulcinea Kaufman – Director of Nursing, Great Bay Community College
Sean Clancy – AVP for Marketing & Business Engagement, Great Bay Community College
Dawn M. Hamdi – WorkReadyNH Program Manager, Great Bay Community College
George Mortimer – Student, Great Bay Community College
Kristy Morrison – Alumna, Great Bay Community College
Shannon Reid – Executive Director of Government Affairs and Communications, Community College System of New Hampshire
As is customary in executive searches, the process is confidential. Listening sessions and a survey have been conducted to provide opportunities for input from members of the campus community. Information about finalist candidates will be made public during the finalist phase of the search.
The authority to appoint the president rests with the Community College System of New Hampshire (CCSNH) Board of Trustees.
Dana John Cohick, president of RPA Inc., is the contact for GBCC’s presidential search.
To have a confidential discussion about this opportunity or to make a nomination, email Dana, Isaac Karaffa, Vice President or Kira Heath, Search Manager at email@example.com
Interested candidates should submit only a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of candidates will begin on September 3, 2021. First-round virtual interviews will commence thereafter.