Become a Certified Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
GES1014: Online Medical Billing & Coding Training (Voucher Included)
Medical billing and coding is a rising star in the healthcare field today. This 100% online course will prepare you to start a career in this high-demand occupation and earn the medical billing and coding professional certification that best aligns with your interest and career goals. You’ll learn how to use the Healthcare Common procedure Coding System (HCPCS) and the CPT Category II and ICD-10 codes. Additionally, you’ll gain hands-on practice using medical billing and coding software.
Upon course completion, you’ll receive a voucher for the certification exam of your choice: CPC, CCA or CBCS.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.
• Be fully prepared to pass one of the following professional certifications that best aligns with your interest and career goals:
− Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
− Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam offered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
− Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) exam offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
• Learn how the CPT Category II codes and ICD-10 codes work and how to assign them in common medical billing and coding procedures
• Gain hands-on billing experience with medical billing and coding software
• Externship Starter Kit to help you gain valuable experience in the field
• Medical Biller standalone option for those who aren’t interested in Medical Coding
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Job Outlook for Medical Billing & Coding Specialists
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), medical billing and coding specialists earn an average annual salary of $40,350 and work in one of the fastest growing professions.
The BLS also estimates that at least 27,000 new jobs will be needed in this profession by 2026.