- Learn to assist physicians by performing functions related to the administrative responsibilities of a medical office.
- This program is designed to meet standards set by the Affordable Care Act
- Teaches skills required by regional employers
- Duties may include answering phones, scheduling appointments, checking in patients, documenting registration, insurance verification, collecting co-pays
Great Bay Community College, in partnership with Exeter Hospital/Core Physicians, developed a twelve-week Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate program of 240 hours of classroom instruction.
Upon successful completion of the program, students are eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) National exam.
- Age 18 & older
- High School Diploma, GED or HiSet
- Completed Application
- 240 hours
- 12 weeks
- 20 hours per week
- Medical terminology
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Customer service
- Recording information in electronic medical records
- Professional workplace behavior
- Medical ethics
2022 Medical Administrative Assistant Dates
Dates to be determined.
Email GreatBayBTC@ccsnh.edu for more information
Come to one of our Information Sessions to learn more about becoming a Medical Administrative Assistant.
Stay tuned for upcoming dates and times.
How to Apply
Email documents to email@example.com.
- Fill out the MOS Application
- Proof of High School, GED or HiSet or college transcripts (highest degree achieved)
After we receive the above information, we will contact you to set up an interview.
Job Outlook 2012-2022
- Employment of medical office specialists is projected to grow 15% from 2014 to 2024
- The demand for health services is expected to increase as the population ages
- As medical practices expand, physicians will hire more office specialists to perform routine administrative duties
- The median annual wage for medical office professionals was $38,880 in May 2018
Source: US Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics
Learn more about the Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate Training program by contacting the Business and Training Center or by phone 603-427-7653.