While we continue to monitor current and expected conditions and follow New Hampshire Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) and CDC guidance to determine which programs and prevention measures are appropriate for our College Community – please note that the below guidance remains in effect
If you test positive for COVID-19 you must remain off-campus, follow the guidance below and you are required to report the positive test to Great Bay Community College (GBCC), online immediately.
Students, it is critical that when you report a positive test to the COIVD-19 Team, you also notify your professor. This not only helps you to develop a plan for your continued success during any mandatory absence from campus, but it also helps us to keep your fellow students safe.
Faculty or Staff who report a positive test, should notify their immediate supervisor.
Our current COVID-19 protocol is outlined below and available on the GBCC Website: COVID-19 Updates.
COVID-19 Symptom, Exposure & Positive Test Protocols
Below are Great Bay’s protocols for students, faculty, and staff who experience COVID-19 symptoms, exposure, or positive test results.
What should I do if I am experiencing COVID or Flu-like symptoms?
More information is available from the CDC here: What to do if you are sick – CDC.
- Students must communicate with their professor(s) regarding any absence due to illness.
- Employees should notify their supervisor of any absence due to illness.
What should I do if I have tested positive for COVID-19?
You are required to follow the guidance from the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC.
- Stay home and away from others (including people in your household) for at least 5 days.
- Isolation can end after day 5 if you are fever-free (not taking fever-reducing medications) for at least 24 hours and other symptoms are improving.
- If fever has been present in the prior 24 hours, or if other symptoms are not improving, then you should continue to isolate until fever free and symptoms are improving for at least 24 hours, or until after 10 days of isolation.
- Detailed guidance from the CDC is available online: Isolation and Precautions for people with COVID-19
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Diane Carroll at email@example.com
Have a Question?
For questions related to COVID-19 at Great Bay, contact: