Technology Information & Resources
Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022
- 8GB RAM
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Ryzen 3 processor
- 250GB – 500GB solid-state hard drive
- Windows 10 Home
- 16GB RAM
- Intel Core i7 / AMD Ryzen 7 processor*
- 1TB solid-state hard drive
- Windows 10 Pro
*for curriculums with intense graphical work and CAD design
Although it is not required to bring a laptop to all classes, it is a recommendation. Please see your syllabus for specific course requirements.
Tablets & Chromebooks
Chromebooks (or MAC / PC tablets) are not recommended because they do not have adequate computing power or they have software compatibility issues.
Help Desk & Ticketing System Information
The Help Desk is where to go for technology questions and other technology-related service information.
The Help Desk can assist you with…
- GBCC Student IDs: This is where you can obtain your Student ID. If you lose or damage your ID, there will be a $10 replacement cost (payment can be made at the One Stop). Take your receipt to the Help Desk and your new ID will be issued.
- Technology Questions: If you have a technology question, contact the Help Desk and submit a Help Desk Ticket.
- Useful Information: The Help Desk has information about how to access and use your SIS, EasyLogin, Canvas, and Student Email. Information about other college departments and services is also available via the Help Desk.
Help Desk Hours & Access
The Help Desk is open from 9:30AM to 6:00PM Monday-Thursday, and 9:30AM to 3:30PM on Friday. It is closed on weekends and holidays.
The Help Desk can be reached from any location or device that is connected to the internet.
Requests are usually answered within a couple of hours via email or phone. Please specify a preferred contact method and related information (email address or phone number) on your Help Desk ticket.
Online Technology Resources
Use this link to access Canvas, SIS, Student Email, EasyLogin, and RaveAlerts.