Tuition Assistance through the Governor’s Office for Emergency Relief and Recovery (GOFERR)

If you or someone in your household have experienced a financial loss or increased expenses due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for tuition and fees assistance for the Fall semester at any of New Hampshire’s Community Colleges.  In awarding funds, the Community College System of NH is subject to eligibility and compliance rules determined at the federal level.

What do I need to know about eligibility?

You must be a NH Resident.

You must submit a valid 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the college you will attend, even if you do not qualify for other federal educational assistance such as Pell grants. The FAFSA application is available at

You, or someone in your *household, must have experienced a financial loss or increase in expenditures related to COVID-19, between March 1 and August 31, 2020, for which you did not receive other COVID-19 assistance.

*Household explanation:

If you were born before January 1, 1997, you are an independent student for application purposes, and household is defined as student and spouse (if applicable).

If you were born on or after January 1, 1997, you are a dependent student for application purposes, and household is defined as student and parent(s).

How do I apply?

Select the appropriate link from the list below for the NH Community College you will attend. 


If you have been an active student at a NH Community College since May 1, 2019 select the “Prior or Current Students” application form.

Otherwise, do the following:

  1. Create a *Dynamic Forms account by clicking here and following the provided instructions.
  2. Select the “Prospective New Students” application.

*Where can I get more information about Dynamic Forms?

Visit the Dynamic Forms FAQ page.


Great Bay Community College – Prior or Current Students  (active student at any time since May 1, 2019)

Great Bay Community College – Prospective New Students (never attended a CCSNH college or only attended prior to April 30, 2019)

What else do I need to know?

GOFERR tuition assistance can be used for tuition and academic fees.  If you have other forms of tuition assistance, such as Pell grants, UNIQUE grants, or other types of aid or scholarship, you can use them to cover other costs of attendance or tuition and fees beyond what the GOFERR grant will cover. 

You can be enrolled in any number of courses up to full-time enrollment, in either credit or non-credit courses.

Information that is required, and other conditions of aid, can be found on the application form.

I submitted the application and I have questions.  Who do I contact?

Please contact the Great Bay Financial Aid office at and a team member will reply.

Read the press release, here.


of students receive financial aid

Starting your college search or thinking more about your current plans for fall? Now is the time to take a closer look at Great Bay Community College.

Attend a Virtual Info. Session! Tuesdays at 10:00AM and Thursdays at 5:00PM via Zoom.