Over 6,000 NH Residents served since 2011.
What’s the next step in your career?
Strengthen your resume & interview, communicate more effectively, prevent and resolve workplace conflicts, and other essential professional skills
Days or Evenings – Tuition-FREE
WorkReadyNH in the News!
WMUR NH Business with Fred Kocher
If you are looking for a job, a new career path, or just looking to sharpen your communication skills, WorkReadyNH is the place for you.
Portsmouth Naval Shipyard partnered with WorkReadyNH as part of a “Whole Person Development Initiative” to help employees grow their careers.
Build skills. Build confidence. Build your career.
WorkReadyNH is a 3-week, tuition-FREE professional development program that builds the skills that help employees succeed, and that NH employers highly desire:
➢ Soft Skills including effective communication, team building, problem solving, and decision making
➢ Essential Skills of adequate levels of reading, math, and locating information
HOW IT WORKS
Attend Online or In Person! Participate in a blend of live, interactive class and independent work. Learn and have fun in this simulated workplace setting to enhance and practice the powerful soft skills that employers want most.
- Interviewing Techniques & Resume Styles
- Active Listening & Communication Strategies
- Team Building
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Conflict Resolution
- Business Ethics & Employer Expectations
- Workplace Sensitivity
- Customer Service
- Safety in the Workplace
Essential Workplace Skills
Use ACT’s WorkKeys Curriculum to assess and improve your skills in:
- Reading and Understanding Workplace Documents
- Applied Math
- Interpreting Information from Graphs and Charts
EARN 3 Credentials:
These achievements enhance and highlight your value as an employee and colleague.
1. NEW! WorkReadyNH Soft Skills Digital Badge from the Community College System of NH
2. National Career Readiness Certificate from ACT
3. WorkReadyNH Certificate from the Community College System of NH
Enroll Today! In Person at GBCC Portsmouth or Online!
Benefits to Career-Builders
- Improve the skills employers value most
- Improve your confidence
- Earn three highly recognized credentials
- Increase your earning power
- Let employers know you have the skills they want and need!
- Click here to see what our graduates say about WorkReadyNH
Benefits to Employers
WorkReadyNH was developed after discussions with New Hampshire employers LIKE YOU who want to strengthen their workforce. Companies want employees who can:
- Read and apply workplace information
- Analyze information to determine correct actions
- Work together with coworkers to get the job done
- Be effective and efficient in their jobs
For more information visit: ccsnh.edu/workreadynh
This is a tuition-FREE program available to all NH residents age 16 and over.
Phone: (603) 427-7636
Click HERE to Register
Follow WorkReadyNH on Facebook and LinkedIn.
WorkReadyNH is a partnership between CCSNH and the NH Department of Employment Security. Funding is provided through the NH Job Training Fund.
The Community College System of NH is an equal opportunity employer. Adaptive equipment is available upon request to persons with disabilities.
Degree and certificate programs