Become a CBCS Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
GES149: Online Medical Administration, Billing & Coding Training (Vouchers Included)
Nationwide, healthcare is one of the fastest growing fields for new jobs. This 100% online course will prepare you for a career in healthcare as a medical assistant and billing/coding specialist. By course completion, you will be ready to pass the Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) and the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exams, offered by the National Healthcareer Association.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.
• Be fully prepared to pass the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant exam, offered by National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
• Be fully prepared to pass the Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) exam, offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
• Learn the legal, ethical, and regulatory aspects of medical office management
• Understand HIPAA compliance and third-party guidelines for filing insurance claims
• Learn how the CPT Category II codes and ICD-10 codes work and how to assign them in common medical billing and coding procedures
• Learn medical terminology and the structures and functions of the human body
Job Outlook for Administrative Professionals
Medical administrative assistants combine two valuable skill sets in professions that are growing quickly, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
BLS data indicates job opportunities for medical assistants will grow by 23% overall by 2028.
According to PayScale.com, certified medical administrative assistants earn around $37,000 per year on average.
However, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that medical billing and coding specialists earn an average annual salary of $40,350 and work in one of the fastest growing professions.