Your experience in the Early Childhood Education Advanced Certificate provides you with beginning knowledge and skills to implement positive learning experiences for young children. Course electives allow you to tailor your interests in the field while still meeting the qualifications for lead teacher in a child care program in New Hampshire. If you have a degree in another field, this certificate may qualify you as a center director with the completion of selected classes.
Why Great Bay?
- Experienced faculty and highly qualified, mentoring teachers in community placements provide real life opportunities to put college classroom learning into action
- Partnerships for Practicum placements located throughout Rockingham and Strafford County.
- Student starting in the ECE Certificate or Advanced Certificate can apply credits towards the degree at any point
Students seeking employment in this field are in high demand. 100% of the graduates in the degree for the last four years, seeking employment in the field, were successfully placed. Most students in the certificate program were successfully employed during or after completion of the certificate.
- Lead teacher or associate teacher in child care program
- Placement in a before and after school program serving children K-6
- Paraprofessional for a child with special needs in a public school
- Paraprofessional in special education preschool or early intervention infant/toddler program
- Director of a child care program with at least 60 college credits total, at least 24 in specific ECE topics.
Meet Faculty and Program Coordinator