Your experience in the Early Childhood Education degree program provides you with the knowledge and skills to support positive learning experiences for young children. Through classes and three practicum placements, you will engage in real early childhood environments that will prepare you for a variety of positions in the field.
Why Great Bay?
- Experienced faculty and highly qualified, mentoring teachers in community placements provide real life opportunities to put college classroom learning into action
- Partnerships for practicum placements located throughout Rockingham and Strafford County.
- Student starting in the ECE Certificate or Advanced Certificate can apply credits towards the degree at any point
- Lead teacher or associate teacher in child care program
- Head Start teacher
- Center director of a child care program
- Site director for before and after school program serving children K-6
- Paraprofessional in a public school
- Paraprofessional in special education preschool or early intervention infant/toddler program
- Early Childhood Education Certificate
- Early Childhood Education Advanced Certificate
- Teacher Preparation AA degree
Transfer Credit Policy
In addition to Great Bay transfer credit policies, transfer of courses in Early Childhood Education more than five years old from the time of acceptance will be evaluated by the program coordinator on an individual basis.