Over the years, Massage Therapy has become integral to conventional healthcare, complementary healthcare and alternative healthcare environments.
The curriculum is approved by the State of New Hampshire Massage Therapy Board, The National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and by the State of New Hampshire Department of Education, Post-Secondary Education Division.
Upon successful completion, students will be prepared to take the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Exam (MBLEx), which is required by the state of New Hampshire and many other states for licensure.
The Massage Therapy Certificate program is designed to be completed within one year. Students must attend full time to continue in the program.
Why Great Bay?
98% of our graduates have passed the MBLEx licensing exam.
Great Bay provides students with real world experience through our onsite student massage clinic, where the student gains experience in the massage modalities learned in class as well as customer service skills and the details of operating a massage center while fulfilling the required hours for licensure.
The Board of Labor Statistics estimates that the number of jobs in Massage Therapy will increase 22 percent through 2022.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post enrollment earnings about this institution and other post secondary institutions please click here. Program Cost Estimates are for a NH resident student enrolled full-time, who does not require any
Total Overall Credits : 37
The Certificate Program is designed to be completed in 3 semesters during the day. Part time attendance is not allowed.
After acceptance and prior to the first week of classes, all Massage Therapy students must:
- Submit a form (provided by the college and completed by your Physician) stating they are in good physical condition and have no contraindications to receiving massage prior to the first day of class. Hepatitis B immunizations are at the discretion of the physician but are highly recommended.
- Complete a Level I criminal background check using our approved vendor ($60) prior to the first day of class.
- Possess and maintain professional liability insurance prior to the first week of any class that requires practical demonstration. Insurance is purchased through the college at the One Stop ($20/Year, July 1-June 30).
- Possess and maintain certification in adult/infant/child CPR and First Aid prior to clinical assignments.
- Test into college level reading.
Graduates from the Massage Therapy program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a full body massage designed specifically for the client.
- Identify major muscles and muscle groups.
- Determine if massage is indicated or contraindicated for various conditions.
- Apply the skills learned in a variety of environments.
- Write SOAP notes and explain a treatment plan to the client.
- Develop a business plan and properly apply and interview for jobs.
Our MT instructors bring over 60 years of collective experience in the therapeutic massage field, specializing in a variety of modalities and techniques. For more information about our program and Massage Therapy Clinic, please contact Angela Kelly at email@example.com.