In today’s data-driven society, making informed decisions that affect business growth and outcomes is becoming powered by data science. The Analytics program at GBCC is designed for those who want to understand how to work with raw data to process, analyze, and make conclusions using predictive modeling. Students have the opportunity to further purse a bachelorette through the UNH Manchester Pathway or move directly into the field.
Why Great Bay?
We have an 11 to 1 student to faculty ratio which provides students a robust opportunity for greater campus involvement and success. With an excellent proximity to neighboring industries at the Pease Trade Port, the University of New Hampshire, and the Naval Shipyard, Great Bay Community College’s students have the flexibility to enhance their education to suit their professional goals.
Graduates of the Analytics program have the option to work in industry or the government.
- Use advanced R packages and constructs and create R functions
- Develop reproducible analysis report using Markdown and generated in 3 formats: html, Word doc and pdf doc
- Apply the Cross-Industry Standard Process for Data Mining (CRISP–DM) methodology to the analysis project
- Perform linear regression and multiple linear regression on real-world data sets that are applicable to the project
- Apply statistical methods such as clustering, classification, time series analysis and/or factor analysis as applicable to the project selected and communicate results of these analyses
- Develop advanced visualizations in support of communicating results of statistical analysis as part of the final report in an aesthetically appropriate manner