Your experience in the Early Childhood Education certificate program provides you with beginning knowledge and skills to implement positive learning experiences for young children. Six college classes, including one Practicum and two ECE electives, meet the requirements for lead teacher in an early childhood child care program in New Hampshire.
- Experienced faculty and highly qualified, mentoring teachers in community placements provide real life opportunities to put college classroom learning into action
- Partnerships for Practicum placements located throughout Rockingham and Strafford County.
- Student starting in the ECE Certificate or Advanced Certificate can apply credits towards the degree at any point
Transfer Credit Policy
In addition to Great Bay transfer credit policies, transfer of courses in Early Childhood Education more than five years old from the time of acceptance will be evaluated by the program coordinator on an individual basis.
(fields of work someone with the degree might likely pursue)
- Lead teacher or associate teacher in child care program
- Placement in a before and after school program serving children K-6
- Paraprofessional for a child with special needs in a public school
- Paraprofessional in special education preschool or early intervention infant/toddler program
(other programs at the college in similar field of study)