If you have a desire to help people and assist in the daily management and operations of the fast-paced service industry, you’ll find a multitude of exciting job opportunities. This certificate will prepare you for a variety of career options in both lodging and food service.
Why Great Bay?
Portsmouth is a premier tourism destination which offers us direct access to a wide range of real-world experiences. From behind-the-scenes tours of hotels to participating in local events, you’ll not only gain valuable experience, but begin to develop your own professional network connecting you to a variety of job possibilities.
Choose to do an internship close to home, over the summer or away at Disney for the semester! Internships provide many valuable benefits including the opportunity to:
- “test drive” your new career to ensure it’s the one for you before you graduate
- build confidence in your skills and build a great resume
- gain hands-on experience in the field while you earn college credit
- develop your professional network prior to graduation
- transition to a permanent job after graduation
Save time and money by maximizing your Great Bay transfer credits at the following institutions:
- University of New Hampshire (3.5 GPA or better earns a $10,000 scholarship)
- Southern New Hampshire University
- Granite State College
In several of your courses, you’ll have the opportunity to earn industry-recognized certifications:
- Amadeus Delphi Certification, sales and catering managers
- Servsafe Certification, food protection managers
- TIPS Certification, safe alcohol service training
- AHLEI’s Managing Front Office Operations Certificate
- Hotels, resorts, casinos and country clubs
- Restaurants and catering operations
- Breweries and wineries
- Cruise lines and spas
- Ski resorts and recreation facilities
- Assisted living facilities