The study of management focuses on how organizations develop and use strategies to compete in national and global arenas within the increasingly complex and changing socio-cultural, political/legal, economic, and technological environment. Students in the Leadership & Management Certificate are encouraged to relate theoretical learning to practice and establish bridges between the classroom and the work environments.
Why Great Bay?
The Leadership & Management Certificate program can be completed on a full or part-time basis. Courses within the certificate may be offered during the day, evening, and online.
The Leadership & Management Certificate provides students with the framework needed for successful careers.
- High-tech Industries
- Banking and Finance
- Health Care
- Service Industries
- Nonprofit Organizations
Executive Administrative Assistants
The careers listed above may require additional education. For more information about the outlook and trends, please visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Leadership & Management Certificate
Students will be able to:
- Know the fundamentals of management theory and practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of leadership theories and practices.
- Demonstrate written and oral proficiency in business communications.
- Understand the foundations and importance of business ethics and social responsibility.
- Be prepared to enter the workforce with entry-level management skills.
- Understand the necessity for a commitment to lifelong learning to ensure employability.
- Possess an understanding of cross-cultural and global issues and sensitivity to diversity and other cultures.
- Demonstrate information literacy through research skills and the use of technology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in critical thinking, analysis, reasoning, questioning and quantitative skills.