The Associate of Science Degree in Business Administration emphasizes broad management competencies in finance, marketing, human resources, economics, and computers. This program is an excellent choice for students who would like a broad exposure to the business world and a solid foundation in business fundamentals.
The Business Administration degree is designed to provide students with options that enhance transfer to four-year institutions or allow students to pursue employment upon completion of the program.
Why Great Bay?
The Business Administration Program is a transfer degree with calculated direct paths to UNH and SNHU, through our articulation agreements.
The program is for those who are interested in business, but who have not yet determined which field they want for their career. Students have the chance to try out Accounting, Marketing, Management, etc., as well as complete general education requirements, before picking a major.
The Associate of Science Degree in Business Administration provides the framework needed for successful careers in high-tech industries, manufacturing, banking and finance, health care, communications, service industries, and nonprofit organizations.
Total Overall Credits : 61-63
Within the Business Administration Associate in Science Degree, Great Bay offers five pathways for students who would like to study within a specialized focus area:
- Leadership & Management *Direct path to SNHU through articulation agreement
- Risk Management & Insurance
- Sales & Digital Marketing
- Sports Management
- Transfer Pathway *Direct path to UNH’s Paul School through articulation agreement
The Business Administration Program is accredited by the Accrediting Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), an internationally recognized business school accreditation organization. The accreditation provides assurance the program offers a high-quality degree and the courses studied are seamlessly transferred to many four-year institutions.
Graduates with a degree in Business Administration will:
- Know the fundamentals of theory and practices in Business Administration.
- Demonstrate written and oral proficiency in business communications.
- Understand the foundations and importance of business ethics and social responsibility.
- Be able to transfer to a four-year college or university with a solid management and overall business studies foundation.
- Be prepared to enter the workforce with entry-level skills for Business Administration.
- Possess a solid curricular foundation for transfer.
- Understand the need for life-long learning to help ensure employability.
- Demonstrate competency in fundamental areas of business: Accounting, finance, computers, and economics.
- Possess an understanding of cross-cultural and global issues, and sensitivity to diversity and other cultures.
- Demonstrate information literacy through research skills and the use of technology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in critical thinking, analysis, reasoning, questioning and quantitative skills.