In an era of global, digitized, interactive business environments, Marketing offers one of the best career opportunities for today’s business students. Marketing is a broad field which includes activities related to selecting, designing, packaging, pricing, advertising/promoting, selling, distributing, and servicing a product in the domestic and/or international marketplace. It is the driving force in most businesses.
Marketing is critically examined from the perspective of the consumer/client, economy, technology, legal/political issues, and ethical/social responsibility. Marketing classes integrate theory and practical applications while applying related business knowledge of information technology, accounting, economics and management principles.
Why Great Bay?
- Marketing faculty members and college staff consistently strive for excellence through continuous improvement in teaching and learning, by employing technology, adapting to new learning tools and engaging students in critical thinking.
- The Marketing Program is focused on delivering quality, marketable and transferable education, inspired by innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit.
- The Certificate program can be completed on a full or part-time basis and courses are offered during the day, evening, and online.
Marketing personnel are employed in retail, industrial and commercial firms, schools and hospitals, both locally and internationally. Marketing offers something for every business student-a desk job as a market research analyst, or travel and excitement with the public as a salesperson, retailer, or public relations person.
To learn more about potential earnings visit:
Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Advertising & Promotions Manager
The careers listed above may require additional education. For more information about the outlook and trends, please visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Sales & Digital Marketing Certificate
Students will be able to:
- Identify the marketing mix variables: product, price, place, and promotion and write a marketing plan.
- Create and develop an integrated marketing communication (advertising) plan, including marketing objectives, strategies, and tactics.
- Analyze consumer decision making as it relates to consumer buying behavior and marketing decisions.
- Analyze the decision-making process in marketing products internationally and understand the role marketing plays in a global economy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various advertising media, such as social media and all forms of digital mediums.
- Apply the strategic selling model to personal selling activities.
- Engage in a personal selling situation with emphasis on the customer relationship and deliver a personal sales presentation using a sales portfolio and other sales tools.
- Possess an understanding of cross-cultural and global issues and sensitivity to diversity and other cultures.
- Demonstrate information literacy through research skills and the use of technology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in critical thinking, analysis, reasoning, questioning and quantitative skills.