Important Information

VA Education Benefits Information

To receive VA education benefits, please follow the steps below:

Step 1 – Apply to college

  • You must be admitted to a Degree or Certificate Program. Contact Admissions about a Program of Study or click this link: Apply for Admission.

Step 2 – Apply for benefits

You must be approved for VA Education Benefits. Apply.

  • If you are Post-9/11 GI Bill ® (Chapter 33) or Montgomery GI Bill ® (Chapters 30, 1606, 1607), then click here to apply, using the VA form 22-1990 application link.
  • If you are VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31), then contact Manchester Regional Office link.
  • If you are applying for Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35), click here.
  • If you applying for Transfer of Entitlement for Post-9/11 Chapter 33, then click here.

GI Bill ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Step 3 – Submit your documents

Submit the following documentation to the Registrar’s Office at College Services One Stop:

  • Copy of your VA Education Benefits application
  • Scholarship or Kicker Contract Information
  • Notice of Benefit Eligibility (NOBE) from your Unit Commander if you are in the National Guard (Army or Air Force)

Step 4 – Submit your COE

Submit proof of your approval letter of benefits to the Registrar’s Office at College Services One Stop.

  • Certificate of Eligibility (COE)

Step 5 – Assessment/Advising/Registration

  • When you have received an Acceptance letter, contact Advising Center for Individual Advising or Group Advising (depends if you have prior college credits that apply to your program).
  • Register for classes.

Step 6 – Verify

Verify your enrollment directly with the VA Office at the end of each month during the semester in one of two ways:

  1. Complete a Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) online at the end of each month.
  2. Contact the VA Office at its toll free number (877) 823-2378.

If you drop or add classes, verify your enrollment again. This will most likely affect your VA payments.

IMPORTANT: You may qualify for additional federal financial aid in addition to VA Education Benefits. Click here to apply for Financial Aid: FAFSA website

Tuition Assistance Benefit (Air Force, Army, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard)

  • Must have completed an Online Application for Tuition Assistance (Please apply as soon as possible).
  • Must submit approved (signed by the student’s Commanding Officer) 2171E Form to GBCC Business Office (2171E may also be emailed to [email protected])
  • Must be approved for TA prior to applying for Admission to a Degree or Certificate program. Apply for Admission.
  • Allowed to use up to $4500 (with a cap of 250.00 per credit hour) of federal tuition assistance every fiscal year (this runs from October to September).
  • Used for tuition, registration/lab fees only. Does not include graduation fees, housing, food, or books.
  • Submit grades to education office within 90 days of completing a semester.
  • Submit copy of degree plan once you have accumulated 9+ semester hours of college credit.
  • Please note: Tuition Assistance is treated as Third Party Billing.

NH National Guard Tuition Waiver