- VA Certification Request Form – All VA Students must submit a signed VA Certification Request Form.
- NH Veterans’ Resource Directory
- The Vow to Hire Heroes Act 2011
- DANTES-Funded CLEP Exams– You may be eligible to take a CLEP (College Level Examination Program) test at no charge. Contact CAPS to make an appointment.
- If you have a documented disability of any kind, please contact GBCC Accessibility Services
VA Education Benefits Information
To receive VA education benefits, please follow the steps below:
Step 1 – Apply to college
- You must be admitted to a Degree or Certificate Program. Contact Admissions about a Program of Study or click this link: Apply for Admission.
Step 2 – Apply for benefits
You must be approved for VA Education Benefits. Apply.
- If you are Post-9/11 GI Bill ® (Chapter 33) or Montgomery GI Bill ® (Chapters 30, 1606, 1607), then click here to apply, using the VA form 22-1990 application link.
- If you are VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31), then contact Manchester Regional Office link.
- If you are applying for Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35), click here.
- If you applying for Transfer of Entitlement for Post-9/11 Chapter 33, then click here.
GI Bill ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Step 3 – Submit your documents
Submit the following documentation to the Registrar’s Office at College Services One Stop:
- Copy of your VA Education Benefits application
- Scholarship or Kicker Contract Information
- Notice of Benefit Eligibility (NOBE) from your Unit Commander if you are in the National Guard (Army or Air Force)
Step 4 – Submit your COE
Submit proof of your approval letter of benefits to the Registrar’s Office at College Services One Stop.
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
Step 5 – Assessment/Advising/Registration
- When you have received an Acceptance letter, contact Advising Center for Individual Advising or Group Advising (depends if you have prior college credits that apply to your program).
- Register for classes.
Step 6 – Verify
Verify your enrollment directly with the VA Office at the end of each month during the semester in one of two ways:
- Complete a Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) online at the end of each month.
- Contact the VA Office at its toll free number (877) 823-2378.
If you drop or add classes, verify your enrollment again. This will most likely affect your VA payments.
IMPORTANT: You may qualify for additional federal financial aid in addition to VA Education Benefits. Click here to apply for Financial Aid: FAFSA website
Tuition Assistance Benefit (Air Force, Army, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard)
- Must have completed an Online Application for Tuition Assistance (Please apply as soon as possible).
- Must submit approved (signed by the student’s Commanding Officer) 2171E Form to GBCC Business Office (2171E may also be emailed to GreatBayBO@ccsnh.edu)
- Must be approved for TA prior to applying for Admission to a Degree or Certificate program. Apply for Admission.
- Allowed to use up to $4500 (with a cap of 250.00 per credit hour) of federal tuition assistance every fiscal year (this runs from October to September).
- Used for tuition, registration/lab fees only. Does not include graduation fees, housing, food, or books.
- Submit grades to education office within 90 days of completing a semester.
- Submit copy of degree plan once you have accumulated 9+ semester hours of college credit.
- Please note: Tuition Assistance is treated as Third Party Billing.
NH National Guard Tuition Waiver
- NH Army National Guard Information
- NH Air National Guard Information
- If you exhaust your $4500 of tuition assistance for the fiscal year AND you are attending a NH State School, you may be eligible to receive the tuition waiver program.
- Must have completed Advanced Individual Training (AIT) or Commissioning.
- Must be Active member of the NH Army National Guard or NH Air National Guard
- Must be Admitted to a Degree (not Certificate) program. Apply for Admission.
- Must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Please note: Tuition Waiver covers ‘tuition only,’ and fees are paid by the student.
of students receive financial aid