The Center for Academic Planning and Support (CAPS) is a multi-service center designed to support students with their academic needs. CAPS services are free of charge to students enrolled in credit-bearing courses. Community members may access the Center and its services through the purchase of a Community Access Card.
The Center for Academic Planning and Support (CAPS) is dedicated to promoting a responsive learning environment that fosters personal growth, academic success, and life-long learning within a global community.
CAPS will empower students to accomplish their educational and career goals by offering comprehensive services that are accessible, innovative, and supportive.
- Open computer lab with software used by most courses*
- Tutoring in a variety of formats*
- Tables and quiet rooms for study*
- Academic coaching to help support learning, organization, time and life management
- Career Center and Interview Closet
- Placement testing* , CLEP, and other assessments
- Make-up and alternative testing services* Click here for the Alternative Testing Form (PDF)
- Workshops and Canvas (Learning Management System) resources*
*denotes services available on both the Portsmouth and Rochester campuses
PLEASE NOTE: During the COVID response, all CAPS services are being offered remotely. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
During the Fall 2020 semester, CAPS staff will be monitoring the above email during the hours indicated below.
CAPS is located on the second floor of the Portsmouth campus, Room 210. Service hours when classes are in session are as follows:
8AM – 6PM Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
8AM – 7PM Thursday
8AM – 4PM Friday
The computer lab and printing are available until 9PM Monday – Thursday except when classes are not in session.
For exceptions to the above, and for Rochester hours, check the college’s Hours and Directions.
Most CAPS-related services on the Rochester campus are available in the Study Lounge or at the front desk.
Student clubs and organizations